Monday, August 9, 2010

Angels


While in Ireland I bought two books that had many beautiful Celtic line drawings with suggestions in each book on how they might be used. I found some beautiful angels in one of the books and decided to use the line drawing to help me make an angel for one of the great ladies that traveled with us. She gave all of us angels to wear to keep us safe on our amazing trip. I always wanted someone to do that, and I am glad that I have that wonderful angel pin from her. I machine embroidered with metallic threads. I put those pesky threads in the bobbin so they wouldn't break. I need to find the measurements of her journal she used while in Ireland so I can make a book jacket for her with the angel on the front. I didn't realize that the Book of Kells was the four gospels copied by Irish monks and decorated with their beautiful artwork. I want to go back to Ireland so that I can see the book, there wasn't time on this trip! I also learned that I need to do more research before I travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment